Kids in the Kitchen
- Kids have short attention spans. Start with basic items like snacks, or breakfast items including pancakes, eggs, or French toast.
- Good cooks always wash their hands before beginning food preparation.
- Expect spills and messes.
- When kids are ready to use a knife, teach them the correct way to hold and use a knife.
- Remember kids need supervision in the kitchen at all times.
- If possible providing an apron for the child will help them feel important and will keep clothes cleaner.
- Teach kids about safely using the microwave and other appliances.
- Provide positive feedback.