Ways to Enjoy More Fruits, Vegetables, Whole Grains and Dairy Products
Here are some great ways to enjoy more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dairy products.
• Variety abounds when vegetables are added to pizza. Mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers and zucchini are great additions.
• Mix up a smoothie with low-fat milk, frozen strawberries and a banana.
• Make a veggie wrap with roasted vegetables, low-fat cheese rolled in a whole-wheat tortilla.
• Grill colorful vegetable kabobs packed with tomatoes, colorful peppers, mushrooms and onions.
• Make a banana split by topping a sliced banana with a scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt. Sprinkle with fresh fruit and chopped nuts.
• Stuff an omelet with vegetables.
• Make a habit of adding fruit to your morning oatmeal, waffle or yogurt.