• Rigid containers work best. Some containers are not suitable such as a yogurt container as the best containers are made with moisture-and vapor-resistant materials that produce an airtight seal. Wide-mouth canning jars make it easier to remove contents.
• Some ingredients intensify in flavor or become bitter after freezing such as pepper, cloves , garlic, herbs and green onions. Season lightly before freezing and then add more seasonings after reheating.
• Some soups freeze better than others. It is recommended that potatoes be left out from soups you plan to freeze. Concentrate the product by using less liquid. More liquid can be added later like broth, tomato juice, cream, or water.
• Cool the soup quickly by putting the pot of soup in a pan or sink of ice water. When cool, package and freeze immediately.
• For highest quality, enjoy frozen soup within four to six months.