Brought to you by the Brown County UW-Extension Office-An AA/EEO employer, University of Wisconsin-Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title VI, Title IX and ADA requirements
Blog Site Discontinued June 23, 2017
Welcome. This blog site, healthy eating and food safety, has been discontinued as of June 23, 2017. I look forward to your comments and feedback regarding use of this tool to disseminate educational information.
Thursday, March 7, 2013
Often we think about hydration in the summer months, but hydration is important in the winter as well. Water is essential for our body to function. Being well-hydrated lubricates joints, helps move nutrients through the body and maintains body temperature.
To stay hydrated keep these tips in mind.
• Carry a water bottle with you.
• Look for zero-calorie beverages to consume.
• During the winter consume cocoa or hot tea.
• Add fruits like lemons and lime to water for natural flavor.
• Buy the powdered zero calorie mixes that are added to water for flavor.
• Soups, milk and some fruits also contribute to fluid intake.
Brown County UW-Extension office tests pressure canner dial gauges at no cost. Please call for an appointment (920.391.4651) or leave off the pressure canner lid at the Brown County UW-Extension office, room 107, 1150 Bellevue Street, Green Bay, WI 54302 and you will be contacted when gauge has been tested.