Enjoy Walnuts As They Can Protect Your Health
• Add chopped walnuts to cookie dough and quick breads.
• Toss pasta with a walnut pesto.
• Replace croutons with walnuts.
• Add walnuts to trail mix.
• Stir them into yogurt.
• Add to stir-fry.
• Sprinkle on top of ice cream or frozen yogurt.
• Grind and use to bread chicken breasts and other meats.
• Toss into a salad.
It is best to store walnuts in the refrigerator or freezer. If you plan to use walnuts right away, store in the refrigerator. If walnuts will be stored longer than one month, keep in the freezer. Heat causes the fat in walnuts to changes structure which leads to off odors and flavors.