Chocolate, Chocolate and More Chocolate
What better time of the year to treat your Valentine as well as yourself to chocolate and more specifically to dark chocolate. In the U.S., more than 58 million pounds of chocolate candy are sold Valentine’s week, 65 million pounds during Easter, and 71 million pounds at Halloween.
In moderation, chocolate may be part of a healthy diet.
• Count Calories: Balance the calories in chocolate by cutting calories in other treats.
• Pair It: Eat chocolate with other foods, such as fruit or pretzels, to complement flavors while enjoying smaller amounts.
• Explore It: Enjoy the variety of flavor experiences from light to very dark chocolate.
• Eat Slowly: Eat chocolate slowly as you savor the flavors.
• Save Yourself: To stick to modest portions, plan ahead and buy chocolates that can be portioned or are individually wrapped.