Blog Site Discontinued June 23, 2017

Welcome. This blog site, healthy eating and food safety, has been discontinued as of June 23, 2017. I look forward to your comments and feedback regarding use of this tool to disseminate educational information.

Friday, December 12, 2014

The Twelve Days of Food Safety

The Twelve Days of Food Safety
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me one refrigerator/freezer storage chart to help me determine how long to safely keep food in the refrigerator and freezer. 
 
On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me two food thermometers to determine the temperature of cooked meat, poultry and fish.

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me three kitchen spray bottles to use for mixing a bleach and water solution for cleaning kitchen counters and cutting boards.

 On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me four vegetable brushes for thoroughly cleaning my vegetables before cooking.  

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me five cutting boards with one designated for use when cutting raw, meat, poultry and fish. 

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me six refrigerator thermometers with instructions that I keep two for my refrigerators at home and four to share with family and friends. Remember the temperature of the refrigerator should be below 40 degrees F and a freezer needs to be kept at 0 degrees F. 

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me seven rolls of paper towels to use for wiping up spills.

On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me eight ice packs to be used for keeping food in my cooler cold during the warm weather months. Seven of the ice packs are to accompany the gift given on ninth day. 

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me nine insulated lunch bags to share with family and friends. Insulated lunch bags will keep lunches cold until consumed at mealtime. 

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 10 minutes per day to check leftovers daily for spoilage.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 11 covered containers to keep food in while in the refrigerator. 

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me 12 dish towels, so I can use one towel per day and then put in the laundry.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment