Time Saving Kitchen Tips to Use In Order to Prepare Great Tasting Food
- Set eggs out 30 minutes before using them for better volume in baked goods. If you forget to get eggs out of the refrigerator, warm them quickly by placing them in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes.
- Substitute for buttermilk. Combine one tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar with enough milk to make 1 cup total liquid. Stir. Let stand five minutes before using.
- Toasting nuts. Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or until pieces are golden brown . Stir nuts once or twice during the baking process.
- Invest in quality bakeware. Flimsy, thin pans and trays will not conduct heat efficiently causing baked goods to bake inefficiently.
- Butter and flour pans generously. Cover every nook and cranny of the pan generously.
- Weigh ingredients with a digital scale. Successful baking is related to making sure measurements are exact.
- Make sure ingredients are fresh. Have you recently checked the date on a can of baking powder or box of baking soda. Many ingredients in baking have a relatively short shelf life, so it is important to make sure they are fresh.
- Adding eggs one at a time. If the recipe calls for adding eggs one at a time, take the time to follow these instructions. This step will lead to a better batter that is not lumpy.