Small Changes for a Healthier DietThere are many small changes that can add up to a healthier diet.
· Instead of eating white rice, consume brown rice, wild rice or lentils. These food have more nutritional value than white rice.
· Enjoy fat-free fruit sorbet rather than ice cream.
· Dip bread in olive oil rather than spreading with butter.
· Drink a glass of red wine rather than a soda.
· Enjoy a piece of dark chocolate rather than a rich dessert.
· Break the habit of consuming the last few bites of food in serving bowls. This will lead to consuming fewer calories.
· Consume whole grain bread rather than white bread.
· Choose nutrient dense foods like fruit rather than fruit snacks that have a lot of sugar.