How Long Can I Safely Eat Thanksgiving Leftovers?One of the best parts of Thanksgiving Day is the leftovers. I really enjoy having leftover turkey. Here are some tips for safely storing leftovers.
Refrigerate leftovers within two hours of cooking in shallow containers, about two inches deep. This allows food to cool quickly and evenly. If food has been out more than two hours, toss it. Here are some other tips.
· Use refrigerated cooked turkey within three to four days. Use stuffing and gravy within one to two days.
· Eat leftover casseroles and cooked vegetables within three to four days.
· Finish fruit and cream pies within two to three days and cheesecake within seven days.
· Regardless of how many days have passed: If in doubt, throw it out!
· Reheat leftovers to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Bring leftover gravy to a steady boil on the stove before serving it a second time