Blog Site Discontinued June 23, 2017

Welcome. This blog site, healthy eating and food safety, has been discontinued as of June 23, 2017. I look forward to your comments and feedback regarding use of this tool to disseminate educational information.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Eating Healthy While Traveling

Eating Healthy While Traveling
Being someone who travels outside the U.S. usually once a year, and in the U.S. throughout the year, I have learned to pack my own snacks.  The food provided when traveling by air is not plentiful and the quality is often poor.   My family lives in a neighboring state and I often do not take time to stop and eat a meal and the primary options are fast food restaurants.
When traveling here are some foods I pack:
  • Granola bars
  • Unsalted nuts
  • Whole-wheat crackers
  • Cheese (if I am driving and can bring a cooler.  My family is always more than happy to eat cheese produced in Wisconsin)
  • Sparkling water
  • Apples and bananas
  • Pre-peeled oranges
  • Carrots
  • Trail mix
  • Dried fruit 
If you are flying, check out websites like Independent Travel www.independenttraveler.com, Trip Advisor www.tripadvisor.com for advice about eating on the go.   

No comments:

Post a Comment