Start the Year with a Resolution to Exercise More: Tips for Being SuccessfulHealthy people need 30 to 60 minutes of exercise every day. Here are some tips for being active and not giving up.
· Research shows that exercising with someone results in making yourself accountable to someone and your commitment is stronger. Make a plan to exercise with someone a few times a week. Download a fitness app or friend someone on social media. This strategy can help you keep track of your progress and enables you to share your successes or struggles.
· Use your smart phone. Download MyFitnessPal to track daily food intake. This is a free app
· Log activities to stay on track.
· Invest in a fitness device and use it to track your workout information. If you don’t have a fitness device, use a calendar or notebook. Another option is to make a chart on store on your computer.
· Vary your workout routines so you do not get bored. Research shows that people who vary their workouts are less likely to burn out or get bored.
· Store a set of weights beside your TV. Do some bicep curls or lunges while you watch TV.
· Park our car in the farthest corner of the lot and walk.
· Take the stairs whenever possible.
· Try some chair exercises when you do not have time to be more active.