Holiday Baking Tips
Roll up your sleeves; locate the cookie cutters and rolling pin as it is time for holiday baking. Here are some tips for baking everyone’s favorite holiday treats.
- Unless specified in the recipe, ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Do not substitute baking powder for baking soda or vice versa as they have different functions.
- Semisweet and bittersweet chocolate are interchangeable.
- Purchase good quality chocolate, caramels and vanilla extract to ensure excellent flavor.
- Baking is a science, so measure all ingredients carefully.
- To store baked goods, cool completely. Store bars in an airtight container for up to three days at room temperature or in a refrigerator, as specified in the recipe.