Hosting Low Stress Holiday Parties
Planning a holiday party is never easy especially with during the holiday busy season. Below are some tips for planning and hosting great holiday parties.
- Serve appetizers and desserts on disposable party ware to lighten the amount of dishes at the end of the night.
- Plan ahead and line baking dishes with foil for easy cleanup.
- Fill the kitchen sink with soapy water for quick cleanup as the party progresses.
- When planning the menu. Choose some do-ahead foods and supplement with store-bought extras.
- Create a food-free space for your guests to mingle. Research shows that the proximity and visibility of food increases your chance of eating that food.
- Offer some low calorie food options.
- Make sure to know special food needs of your guests i.e. vegetarian, food sensitives or allergies.
- Offer a build-your-own bar i.e. tacos, burritos, baked potatoes or hot chocolate. That way guests can choosing only the fillings or toppings they want.