Rethink Your Breakfast
Breakfast for many people is a grab and go affair. When grabbing, make sure it is something healthy. Starting breakfast with a muffin, sweet roll or sweetened cereal sets up a unhealthy pattern.
When eating sweet foods for breakfast, blood sugar levels rise quickly, providing a quick burst of energy and then fall a few hours later. Break the cycle by eating a balanced breakfast that contains a combination of protein, fiber, and carbohydrates.
· Greek yogurt with fruit and granola
· Hard boiled or scrambled eggs with whole wheat toast
· Peanut butter on whole grain English muffins
· Cheese with whole grain crackers
· Cooked cereal with dried fruit and nuts
· Whole grain waffle topped with fresh, frozen or canned fruit
· Smoothie with whole wheat toast