Freezing BerriesOne of the highlights of summer is fresh berries. They can be enjoyed all year by freezing them. Below are steps for successfully freezing berries.
· Rinse berries with water and let them dry thoroughly on paper or cloth towels. Remove the stems and green leaves from the berries.
· Place berries on a cookie sheet on a single layer allowing space between the berries.
· Freeze berries about two hours until they are solid.
· Portion into 1- or 2-cup quantities and transfer into freezer-safe plastic bags or containers. Press out air trapped in the bag before sealing.
· Use berries within one year for optimal freshness.