Wisconsin Cheese: Sliced to Perfection for Super Bowl Gatherings
No Super Bowl gathering is complete without cheese. There is no better place to get cheese than from America’s Dairyland. There is a good reason Wisconsin is known as America’s
- Wisconsin ranks number nationally in cheese production, producing more than 3 billion pounds per year on average.
- In addition to the large cheese side, Wisconsin produces 45 percent of what people think of as gourmet cheeses.
- The state takes top spot for American and Muenster cheese, and ranks second for Italian and mozzarella cheese.
- Ninety percent of Wisconsin’s milk is made into cheese.
- Wisconsin is home to 138 cheese plants, more than twice as many as any other state.
When purchasing cheese for your Super Bowl gathering, look for cheese made in Wisconsin. Also try a cheese you have not had before. There are many great gourmet cheeses available for purchase.
For more information on recipes and pairing with cheese, check out the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board website at http://www.eatwisconsincheese.com/